Sewing knits can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be! Learning the right techniques and gaining the confidence to sew knit fabrics will open up your styling options with easy wearing, comfortable pieces. You’ll start with the simple Limestone Top, then up your skills with the Limestone Leggings, resulting in a fun set for working out, travel, lounging, or running errands.
This online course includes the Limestone Leggings and Top PDF pattern + pattern sheet shipped to your door, 11 hours of video instruction, and membership in our vibrant online course community. (If you already own the Limestone Leggings and Top pattern, you can purchase the course for a reduced price, without the pattern included.)
For more about the sewing instruction warmly delivered by Shaerie and Sophia, see our detailed description of the Learn to Sew with Knits course here.
This course is for confident beginner sewists, or intermediate sewists who are new to sewing knits.
working with knits
Learn to Sew with Knits
Project: Sew a pair of Limestone Leggings and a Crop Top
The super cozy, super practical Limestone Leggings and Top set will demystify sewing with stretchy fabric. And good thing, because knits are simply the most comfortable fabrics to wear. Fill in any gaps in your loungewear drawer with these essential wardrobe pieces, You’ll be surprised how quick these are to sew!
- How to choose the right fabric for your project
- How to fit garments with negative ease
- Cutting tips and tricks for knits
- Fitting modifications for busts of all sizes
- Machine settings for working with knit fabrics – no matter your machine
- Recommended stitches for strong seams
- Troubleshooting guidelines
- Professional hemming and finishing techniques
- The ideal, ultra-comfortable method for adding wide elastic to a sports bra
- How to work with narrow elastic and insert it in necklines, armscyes, and waistbands for increased durability and better fit
- Over 10 hours of video instruction
- Lifetime membership in our private, online support group
- Pattern pieces shipped to your door
- Exclusive discounts at our favorite fabric shops
About the Learn to Sew Your Clothes Pathway
Our Learn to Sew Your Clothes course pathway means we have the right course for you, wherever you currently on in your sewing journey. If you are not sure about where to start, you can take our Learn to Sew Course Placement Quiz to get a customized recommendation. (Plus, we have a whole page with details about our carefully-designed Learn to Sew Your Clothes course series.)