You’ll work alongside Judith to draft the pattern for each Hinterland hack, deepening your skills and understanding with each project.
Pattern making topics covered:
- Tools and supplies
- How-to coaching on research and style planning
- Mindset coaching
- Rotating darts into new locations
- Creating new seams, including color blocking and princess seams
- Changing seam locations and functions through developing yokes and closures
- Adding design ease through gathers, slash and spread, and in seams
- Changing armhole and neckline shaping
- Adapting sleeves to different styles and fit preferences
- Developing raglan seams in two different ways
- Drafting different edge finishes like shaped facings and bias facings
- Drafting collars, including flat collars and a convertible collar
- Creating new pocket styles
- Drafting a circle skirt to fit your bodice
- Drafting a culotte bottom to fit your bodice
- Developing details such as pintucks, keyhole necklines, and released darts
- And much more!
- Our Pattern Hacking Process Guide, which gets you from idea, to plan, to implementation – for any hack.
- The Guide to Creating Sewing Steps, so you can hack anything and figure out the best way to sew it together.
- Printable Project Planner
- Half-scale Hinterland bodice patterns for practicing
- Printable, full-scale Hinterland bodice pieces without seam allowances, for easier pattern manipulation
- 12 really fun new pieces for your closet!
Learn more about the course and the 12 hacks here.
The course is designed for intermediate to advanced sewists. If you are a beginner sewist, you may want to start with our other course featuring the Hinterland Dress, Fit and Sew Bodices.
This pattern making course includes a Special Patternmaker’s Edition of the Hinterland Dress PDF Sewing Pattern.