This version of the course does not include the Hinterland PDF Sewing Pattern. If you DON’T already own the Hinterland Dress pattern, you should purchase the course with the pattern included.
You’ll work alongside Judith to draft the pattern for each Hinterland hack, deepening your skills and understanding with each project.
Pattern making topics covered:
- Tools and supplies
- How-to coaching on research and style planning
- Mindset coaching
- Rotating darts into new locations
- Creating new seams, including color blocking and princess seams
- Changing seam locations and functions through developing yokes and closures
- Adding design ease through gathers, slash and spread, and in seams
- Changing armhole and neckline shaping
- Adapting sleeves to different styles and fit preferences
- Developing raglan seams in two different ways
- Drafting different edge finishes like shaped facings and bias facings
- Drafting collars, including flat collars and a convertible collar
- Creating new pocket styles
- Drafting a circle skirt to fit your bodice
- Drafting a culotte bottom to fit your bodice
- Developing details such as pintucks, keyhole necklines, and released darts
- And much more!
- Our Pattern Hacking Process Guide, which gets you from idea, to plan, to implementation – for any hack.
- The Guide to Creating Sewing Steps, so you can hack anything and figure out the best way to sew it together.
- Printable Project Planner
- Half-scale Hinterland bodice patterns for practicing
- Printable, full-scale Hinterland bodice pieces without seam allowances, for easier pattern manipulation
- 12 really fun new pieces for your closet!