This is the second course on the Learn to Sew Your Clothes learning path. You will learn to sew a wonderful project for beginners: the Nocturne Pajama Pants.
If you have already signed up, you can access your course by clicking on the “Start Course” button to the right (or above.)
If you are not enrolled, you can learn more about what’s included in the course, and the entire Learn to Sew Your Clothes learning path, here.
the nocturne pants
Sewing Basics 1
Project: Sew the Nocturne Pajama Pants
Price: $129, which includes the Nocturne Pants sewing pattern, pattern pieces shipped to your door (free shipping in the US), 6 hours of video instruction, and lifetime membership in the Learn to Sew support group.
Pajama pants are the BEST first project – low stakes, very useful, and a perfect form of self-care. The Nocturne Pajama Pants are perfect for loungewear, but depending on the fabric you choose, you can also wear them out and about. The pants feature a simple, comfortable paper bag waist, with the option of a lower rise, basic elastic waistband. The pockets, of course, are deep and luxurious.
- How to choose fabric
- How to take your measurements and choose your size
- How to lengthen or shorten a pattern
- How to choose between elastic types
- Working with notches
- Understanding fabric anatomy
- How to properly iron and press
- Confidently cut out your fabric
- Pinning 101
- How to sew straight and curved seams
- How to finish your seams so they don’t unravel
- How to sew an elastic waistband
- How to hem pants