This course includes the Nocturne Pants PDF Sewing Pattern, as well as a printed copy of the full-size pattern pieces shipped to you.
If you want to learn more, we have a MUCH more complete description of the Sewing Basics 1 course over here – plus a quiz to guide you to the best Learn to Sew course for you.
the nocturne pants
Sewing Basics 1
Project: Sew the Nocturne Pajama Pants
Pajama pants are the BEST first project – low stakes, very useful, and a perfect form of self-care. The Nocturne Pajama Pants are perfect for loungewear, but depending on the fabric you choose, you can also wear them out and about. The pants feature a simple, comfortable paper bag waist, with the option of a lower rise, basic elastic waistband. The pockets, of course, are deep and luxurious.
- How to choose fabric
- How to take your measurements and choose your size
- How to lengthen or shorten a pattern
- How to choose between elastic types
- Working with notches
- Understanding fabric anatomy
- How to properly iron and press
- Confidently cut out your fabric
- Pinning 101
- How to sew straight and curved seams
- How to finish your seams so they don’t unravel
- How to sew an elastic waistband
- How to hem pants
- 6 hours of video instruction
- Lifetime membership in our private, online support group
- Pattern pieces shipped to your door
- Exclusive discounts at our favorite fabric shops