the nocturne pants
Sewing Basics 1
Project: Sew the Nocturne Pajama Pants
Price: $129, which includes the Nocturne Pants sewing pattern, pattern pieces shipped to your door (free shipping in the US), 6 hours of video instruction, and 3 months of membership in the Learn to Sew support group.
Pajama pants are the BEST first project – low stakes, very useful, and a perfect form of self-care. The Nocturne Pajama Pants are perfect for loungewear, but depending on the fabric you choose, you can also wear them out and about. The pants feature a simple, comfortable paper bag waist, with the option of a lower rise, basic elastic waistband. The pockets, of course, are deep and luxurious.
- How to lengthen or shorten a pattern
- How to choose between elastic types
- Working with notches
- Understanding fabric anatomy
- How to properly iron and press
- Confidently cut out your fabric
- Sew straight and curved seams
- Finish your seams so they don’t unravel
- Sew an elastic waistband