A wardrobe essential: the Hinterland Dress
Join Meg and me as we share a few of our favorite Hinterland Dress outfit ideas.
Both of us consider our Hinterland Dresses to be wardrobe stables, like jeans and a t-shirt, and we are always playing with new ways to wear them, and pulling other favorite items for laying, accessorizing, and just having fun when getting dressed. For both of us, the key to putting together outfits and developing personal style is a sense of adventure. Pull together pieces and colors you love, think about what makes you feel good, or feel a little extra special, and wear those pieces in different combinations as you narrow down what you really love.
For this video, Meg styles a green linen, sleeveless, placket-free Hinterland Dress with a midi skirt, and short-sleeved rainbow plaid placket-free Hinterland Dress with a short skirt. I style a cotton flannel, full-placket, 3/4-length sleeve, midi-length Hinterland Dress.
Meg’s Hinterland Dress outfit ideas
- Sleeveless Hinterland Dress over a thrifted blouse, with sneakers
- Thrifted lace blouse over a sleeveless Hinterland Dress, tied in back, with cowboy boots
- Sleeveless Hinterland Dress over a Bedrock tee and cuffed jeans, with a knit hat and high tops
- Sleeveless Hinterland Dress with knit hat, tights, boots, and a Lichen Duster
- Short Sleeved Hinterland Dress over jeans, with a thrift jacket and boots
Meredith’s Hinterland Dress outfit ideas
- Flannel Hinterland Dress with a floppy wool hat and clogs
- Flannel Hinterland Dress with Minimalist Cable Cardi and flats
- Flannel Hinterland Dress with tights, boots, and a Nurtured Sweater
- Flannel Hinterland Dress with tights, clogs, and a knit hat
We hope that you gain a little styling inspiration from this video! The biggest takeaway: it’s hard to get bored with a Hinterland Dress. There are just so many options for making and wearing!
WHAT’S YOUR CREATIVE SUPERPOWER?
Uncover and celebrate your hidden creative strengths, understand your roadblocks, and get personalized guidance on your sewing journey.
We have two online courses all about the Hinterland Dress
Fit and Sew Bodices: The Hinterland is perfect for confident beginners to intermediate sewists looking to learn all about fitting a bodice and sewing a Hinterland Dress. This course takes your through every step of fitting and sewing your Hinterland.
The Creative Hinterland is a pattern making course for intermediate to advanced sewists. This course teaches you the skills you need to modify sewing patterns to your liking, bringing a spirit of playfulness to your sewing hobby and your closet. It includes 12 different hacks of the Hinterland Dress.