This Fit and Sew Bodices course includes the Hinterland PDF Sewing Pattern, as well as a printed copy of the full-size pattern pieces shipped to you, a total value of $31.
If you are brand new to using a sewing machine we recommend you start with Intro to Sewing or Sewing Basics 1. It could also be helpful to take Sewing Basics 2 and Beyond Sewing Basics to learn intermediate sewing and finished techniques. (We have a whole page with details about our carefully-designed Learn to Sew Your Clothes course series.)
a versatile dress pattern
Fit and Sew Bodices
Project: Fit and sew the Hinterland Dress
The iconic handmade dress, our much-loved Hinterland, provides an ideal opportunity to delve into how to fit a bodice. The Hinterland offers a timeless, comfortable, and elegant silhouette. Featuring three sleeve options, partial or full button down plackets (as well as a no-placket option), customizable length, and inseam pockets, this is a pattern workhorse that spans the seasons.
- How to “read” a muslin
- Fitting principles
- How to raise or lower a dart
- How to do a full bust adjustment (FBA)
- How to do a small bust adjustment (SBA)
- Shoulder and back adjustments
- How to do a full bicep adjustment
- How to sew bust darts
- How to sew bias facing
- How to sew a placket
- How to sew buttonholes
- 12 hours of video instruction
- Lifetime membership in our private, online support group
- Pattern pieces shipped to your door
- Exclusive discounts at our favorite fabric shops
Already own the Hinterland pattern?
You can purchase the course for a reduced price, without the pattern included.