The Mindful Wardrobe Project
learn to build a sustainable closet you love
in this online course
– How to dismantle body shame, and step into your unique beauty and power.
– Essential styling secrets that will transform how you feel in your clothes.
– Clear, actionable steps to make your sewing and your closet more eco-friendly, including thrifting, mending, and fabric care guides.
– How to curate your wardrobe and compose outfits based on your personality, lifestyle, and preferred silhouettes.
– One year of personalized fitting support so you can adjust any sewing pattern to work for your body.
who you’ll learn from
Meg has a deep commitment to sustainable living and body positivity. She combined these passions with her background in philosophy, art, and education to create The Mindful Wardrobe Project, a transformative course in creative, slow fashion.
Meg loves clothes, sure … but she sees them as more than a public statement. Getting dressed, for her, is a radical act of love (& art) with a profound ripple effect.
“The act of sewing should be, at its root, an act of resistance to fast fashion. They say fast, we say slow. They say more, we say less. They say perfection, we say process. They say competition, we say community.”
Meg McElwee, creator of the Mindful Wardrobe Project
Style is not something you can buy at a store. It is deeply personal, introspective, and creative.
We’ll help you define and refine your unique style, making it both easier and more fun to get dressed!
The Mindful Wardrobe course includes:
- Over 5 hours of video instruction, also available in audio format
- A digital reference book of 200+ warm and cold outfit ideas, featuring diverse sewing patterns and body shapes
- Guides for sourcing the best fabrics, online thrift and vintage shops, slow fashion brands, as well as how to to consign online
- Lessons to figure out your design parameters: color, texture, climate, & lifestyle
- Seasonal wardrobe checklists
- All about accessories, undergarments, and loungewear
- Support as you edit and organize your closet, and lessons on maintaining and optimizing your sustainable wardrobe.
Your course was transformative, absolutely life changing! I’ve made so much more space in my heart and my house for sewing. I’ve got a wardrobe of 15 pieces planned, colors and fabrics in mind, a pile of decent goodwill fabric for making a first draft, taped and cut out a few of my patterns, and I’ve made two pieces so far. This is a lot considering I’m a momma of five! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I expected to finish the Mindful Wardrobe Project with a capsule wardrobe but instead I have something much better: a feeling of excitement and playfulness to create a new wardrobe within the boundaries of my personal preferences. I have learnt so much about my style, creativity and what matters most to me as a sewist. The encouraging and inspiring community really helped to make the MWP a wonderful experience.
The class with Meg totally changed my view of clothing. The exercises she used to walk us through finding our style were eye-opening and left me inspired to continue the journey.Wait til you see me next time — my personal style will be rock-star!
Judith is a gem! After 50 years of sewing and more fitting courses than I care to divulge, her expert guidance helped me FINALLY approach my bodice issues head on. I now love the geometry of pattern alteration and can move forward confidently to make clothes that fit!I will continue to learn from her once I start the Creative Hinterland course!
Get help fitting ANY sewing pattern
Mindful Wardrobe enrollment includes one year of membership in the Fitting Community. Bring your questions about how to fit sewing patterns (any patterns, not just those from Sew Liberated), and we will guide you through the best adjustments to make.
It is truly personalized help you can’t find anywhere else.
Tired of feeling confused about clothes, adrift in your style, and like you’re wasting time & money on clothes, fabric, and patterns that aren’t quite right?
Curate a closet that works for your body and your life – one you can feel good about.